Saturday, March 01, 2008

ready!? Aim! Fire!

Well I started off like a house on fire then started trying hard. Well you know what happens after that... the wheels come off the cart!

I ended up with a 580 during my first time at 20. It could have easily been a 95, but those little shots were just out. I still am very inconsistent in my form or at least my alignment. My zero was wandering all over the place. Thats a sure sign that something in the back half wasn't right.

We took a 10 min break at the half and that was enough to really blow any feel and momentum that I had going. I shot with Jedd today and he even blew it almost as hard as I did on the second half. We both were not happy with our scores.

Oh well there is always tomorrow. I will hit it with the same approach and take care to keep my hands soft and keep the back half tension free.

I figure I have about two weeks of hard work to lock this feel in. Hopefully I can get it working smoothly in time for nationals. I dropped two big tens today so I don't want a 58X round at nationals foshizzle.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

damn I love that clicker moon!! you said "most people don't shoot it right".. what is the right way to shoot it?? IYO.?

personally it always made scence to me (how I shoot one) to get to the "CLICK" just a bit b4 or as I come to anchor... that keeps my hand in the same rotational position and keeps the shot timing uniform.. at lease for me.. with out the click my shot timing SUCKS when shooting a hinge.. Those wacky dudes. that pull through the click are nuts.. they make me flinch 3 lanes down --- X-CAM

Anonymous said...

George,
Thanks again for posting your blog. The information is of great value. It provides insight into the mind of a great shooter. It teaches one how to think like a champion. I have heard that you must think like a champion before you can actually become one. . . With that said, may I make a suggestion. I don't know if you intend to do it, but your posts seem to have a disproportionate amount of negatives in them. Be sure to stress the positive. A wise man once said that every time you re-enforce a mistake either verbally or mentally you increase the probabily of the mistake happening again. Remain positive. I know it is only a matter of time before you are in the winner's circle again!!

George D. Ryals IV said...

Thanks for that. You are right there were quite a few negatives in there, and I try to remind myself that I am in a shot building phase and shouldn't even be disappointed in a low score at this stage. I am into my second week and have made some changes that I feel are working.