Monday, March 10, 2008

I got a taste of the good stuff today

After a couple days off, then a trip back to the basics, and a good hard look at my bow setup I did a couple things. I shot my trainer like a fiend to convince myself that I have my hinge technique just like I wanted it. For some strange reason during my short range shooting I had a nagging feeling that my bow felt short. I thought it was just tension from apprehension over the new release. As it turns out I somehow got my bow nearly 3/16" shorter than my baseline draw length. No wonder I couldn't get it to settle in Georgia! I grabbed my trusty marked arrow out of the box and drew it back, and reset my bow to the baseline draw length. I marked that arrow some time ago when it was shooting its best.

I shot at 7 yards just because I didn't have the time to go to the range for a couple days. Today was the first time I was able to shoot from 20. I had my son with me and he had a blast running for arrows and shrieking from his stroller between ends. :)

I shot a 60X on the NFAA target and it was relatively trouble free. I had a few quick shots, but due to my new pre-aim procedure I managed X rings on those.The FITA Score would have been somewhere around 594 or so. All in all I was very pleased with today and feel like I am beginning to feel it again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice target good to see you shooting well. Keep up the hard work.

Anonymous said...

I attended your seminar in greensburg and I leanred so much. I wish you the best and see you in Hartford next weekend!