Sunday, June 04, 2006

I'm Back! Well.... On my way back. :)




I set up my spiral cam bow and got out my X10s and blew the dust off of everything. Then promptly went to the range and broke the bow on the first shot. It lashed me almost to death, snapped and arrow in 3 pieces, and I lost my last small hole peep. DRAT! And I spent months trying to get the bow set up and ready to shoot in the tiny gaps of time that I have had since my son was born. After getting over apoplectic fit over my broken control cable, I investigated further to find out that I had the control cable off the track. It let me pull it back but the cam cut the cable when it mistracked on the let down.

Note to self...

Don't be a dummy and check your cables when you take it out of the press.

I was so disappointed I was ready to jump through myself. I went to the car and pulled out my backup and shot a score with it cold turkey. I also have been using TargetPlot. It is a great program for diagnosing scores and getting sighted in. I love it. You can get a test copy at www.targetplot.com

Here is my targets. I had Target Plot post my actual hits and score and my "potential score". The actual hits are in black and the potential hits are in red. It calculates your potential score by centering your pattern over the center of the ten.

I ended up with a 342 and considering the bow was not set up at all, I haven't shot in a couple months, and the weather was less than perfect, I am satisfied with it. I feel like with a little more practice I can get my actual and potential score closer together.

I have made up my mind that I will shoot the right shoots and jump through the proper hoops to be eligible for the USAT and the World Cup events. Those things look like a blast. I will shoot 70M for the rest of the summer and get my X10s set up perfect.

No comments: