Thursday, February 02, 2006

Trois DIX!!!!


Well.... If I had heard that more than not, I would have scored better. If I ever hear the words Dix... Nuf, Nuf (ten, nine, nine) again it will be too soon. :)

The shoot was Fantastic and it was very well organized and the show was well worth the trouble to get there. I had a fantastic time hanging out with Jean-Regis, Pascal, and Antoine. The road trip from Niece to Antibes, then to Cannes, and finally through Arles to Nimes was very picturesque.

A note to anyone ordering off of a French menu.... Andouillette IS NOT Andouille sausage (cajun) it is Pork tripe in a gut casing. VERY NASTY. :) I did have a fillet de boef the size of a motorcycle battery that was fantastic! All in all the food was great, but bring your interpreter or phrase book along with you to be sure what you are ordering. You could end up with a traditional dish that tastes like bad breath.... :)

Now about my shooting....

I know the bow and arrow combination is good because it was grouping. (just not in the X) I had a terrible time setting my zero because I have something changing in my form and I am not quite sure what it is. I will be tracking that down this week. It is not enough to make me miss a big ten, but I can manage to drop some serious Xs.

My shot execution became ragged and misplaced because I became angry and was very frustrated. I let my emotions get a little out of control and it showed in my shooting. I know better and knew I was doing it, but the frustration got the best of me.

I am starting off at square one tonight and I will find my swing. I am going to my 2613s for Vegas and will be tuning those in as well. Once I am done tweaking and am satisfied with my tune and the big arrows, its to ten yards I go to find my swing again.

2 comments:

L.C. said...

George, what do you think about vanes? Did you try them? I think I will try some Quick-spin on my logs, but the 2,25", I think the 4" ones are two heavy...

George D. Ryals IV said...

I an still shooting the Vanes now, and so far... they are shooting great. I can't say yet, that they are a ton more accurate, but they are definately not less accurate. The biggest plus going for the vanes is I can fletch a dozen arrows lightning fast. I can do a dozen in about 40 min, so testing is a breeze. Currently, I am using FlexFletch 3.10 vanes (shield cut) they look pretty hot on any arrow.