Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Smackdown!!!

So I have done some tinkering with my equipment trying to steady things up a tad, and I managed to get the draw length too short. I didn't have a chance to shoot it before the round started on saturday. I paid the price with a low qualifying score. :) I couldn't keep them off of the left side of the spot.

Write this down....

Having shots flick out to the left though your aim is good?

Lengthen the draw length just a tad at a time until it goes away....

So just after my dismal qualifying round I bumped out my draw with Jbird supervising and advising me on the visual fit. Normally I like to slowly eek it out while I shoot to dial it in, but drastic times require drastic measures.

Well it worked. I had a great round of shootoffs. I went through 6 or so people and it was Xrings aplenty! I felt the good nerves and the furious rush of competition. I will never quit shooting as long as the rush stays for me.

Finally Al Avery put me out. I shot a bad end and he shot a great one.

Lesson #2 Never relax during a shootoff. Gut them in like you are second place even when you think you have it.

I had a great time watching Al almost pass out when they told him he won. I have never seen someone shake so bad yet pound the X. Al really nailed them. GREAT SHOOTING AL!!

No comments: